Sunday, November 16, 2008

Roasted Peppers


I got this recipe from "Flodia Rigante's Italian Immigrant Cooking", a cookbook that my dear sister gave me. She worked for the granddaughter of the woman who wrote it. If you happen to stumble upon a cheap copy snatch it up quickly as it is a beautiful and interesting cookbook and fun just to read.



Roasted Peppers

12 Roasted and Peeled Bell Peppers (red, yellow, green if you have)
1/2 C minced garlic (i use the "gasp" jarred kind)
1/2 T fresh parsley, chopped finely
1/2 T salt
1/8 T pepper
1/2 C olive oil

Slice the peppers into thin, julienne strips and place into a lidded container. Arrange by color, e.g. all red, green, yellow in separate rows. Mix all the remaining ingredients into a small bowl, the pour over the peppers, put on lid and refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve as a side dish, in salads, or rolled up in pita or tortillas.

2 comments:

Debi said...

Yum! What's not to love? Reminds me of something I had when I went to western Pennsylvania in 2007. Mary, my coworker, took us on a tour of her hometown and neighborhood. Part of the tour was dining at the local Italian restaurant owned by her best friend's mother and dad, now owned and run by the children and grandchildren. It was the real thing.

For appetizers they served something like this and I have been meaning since to try to decode it. Yay! I can't wait to try it.

lebanesa said...

sounds delicious. The method is like our marinaded eggplant - which keeps for months and gets tastier by the day.
Yum.